Friday, November 24, 2006

brutal planet


alice cooper's follow up to my favorite the last temptation was not easy to keep up the level. instead of lowing it, alice got another record, not so good, but good enough.

brutal planet is rawer, straight to face, and in a modern way. it is not as dirty diamonds, which may seem an attempt back to 70s... anyway, the melodies are there. the hooks are there. and alice is back.
the song is pick up the bones. the song that justifies the bought of the record.

Collecting pieces of my family in an old pillow case
This one has a skull but it don't have a face
These look like the arms of my father so strong
And the ring on this finger means my Grandma is gone

but there are not only one good song, of course, we are talking of alice: brutal planet, gimme,
blow me a kiss
-with really strange&funny lyrics-, sanctuary, it's the little things and 2000 ballad remake from the inmortal only women bleed in take it like a woman, pretty damned good

my version is 2CD, european tour edition -numbered, mine is 05173-, maybe that helped to get the record too... ;-)

8/10 nice to have

No comments: