Friday, December 08, 2006

Vagabonds Kings Warriors Angels

I do not have any Lizzy record... but ... :-)
I have this box. Well, I lie, I have a miserable best of, a discography piece of crap, in which there are 19 songs with a f**king booklet of 4 pages, with no photos, nor lyrics which cost many euros long ago... :-(

But this box ... this is something great. Nearly 80 songs. All Lizzy great songs. I would have included John Sykes collaboration Please don't leave me, and this would have been perfection. All classics, all unreleased, all are here, every song with its details (I would have preferred an explanation of the heroes...), and a little story from the beloved Phil Lynott, one of the greatest songwriters of the century, and author of such gems as Parisienne walkways, old town, the sun goes down, don't believe a word, still in love with you, whiskey in the jar, hollywood, chinatown, nineteen, the rocker, dear miss lonely hearts, waiting for an alibi, bad reputation, renegade, the boys are back in town ...

There is a demon among us
whose soul belongs in hell

Sent here to redeem us,
she knows it all to well

He comes and goes, he comes and goes,
she knows it all too well

But when all is said and done ...
The sun goes down

This is how a discography can pay tribute to the people who have made them earn so much money.

He's just a boy that his lost his way
He's a rebel that has fallen down
He's a fool been blown away
To you and me he's a renegade

we can talk also of the guitars here -which they great job, by the way-: Gary Moore, John Sykes, Scott Gorham, Snowy White, but truth is that Thin Lizzy was Phil Lynnot

Think I'll just fall to pieces
If I don't find something else to do
This sadness never ceases
I'm still in love with you

My head, it keeps on reeling
It's got me in a crazy spin
Darling, darling, darling
Is this the end?

Still in love with you

10/10 outstanding for Lizzy fans

No comments: