Saturday, December 09, 2006

Predator in disguise


I remember buying this record, as it was yesterday... Why? It was friday, after my first work week. And this record was my first gift i made myself for my first job.
Can't see the angels is a great melodic anthem to begin with. a classic. she's hot, i do not like it, and can't wait forever is somehow weak... but then it comes this time girl, and the great time slipping away. 2 great rock songs which will give way to a real nice ballad, listen what your heart says. this ballad got me haunted for some time. i found it really fantastic and beautiful.
still want you and the instrumental the horn are good enough, and then we will finish with 2 more gems: battle royal and borderline. you can guess their theme.
i read in an interview with chris troy that one main theme that is always present in mantis is death. no matter is love, no matter is death, no matter is whatever, as long as the songs are good, no matter what. and praying mantis signature for me is always i can trust at.

it is a solid record, not super-rocker, not extra-softer, but something in-between. great hard rock

9/10 great to have

No comments: