Monday, December 11, 2006

Ballads & Blues

Gary Moore's ballads and blues. I love Gary Moore's hard rock. I hate his blues. I like his ballads. This could be more or less the summary. After hearing Wild frontier, I bought this one, just to find that here is featured the weakest song of the mentioned record. But let's go for the winners of it. Always gonna love you, empty rooms, still got the blues and Parisienne Walkways. These 3 songs are outstanding, except that the version live from Walkways is not the one I would have picked ... :-S ... the perennial parisienne song has only one voice: Phil Lynott. I do not have words to describe this song. Just listen to it. However I discovered another great song. One day. The other songs with the exception of Johnny boy are very weak for me. I do not need them rockers or ballads or bluesier, just good ;-) Still got the blues is not a great song for me. As i always thought, it is a kind of variation from the loner, a song I really love. I miss Spanish guitar too.

 7/10 nice to have

No comments: