Saturday, December 16, 2006

Time3


This one was my first 3cd box. And I had it ordered. And I found it not very expensive, and when i opened my eyes were shining :-D
All Journey's history in a 56 pages booklet and 3 great cds. I have to say that the first period (pre-Perry) was unknown to me. The fusion-rock style was not my cup of tea, but i found some songs really brilliant. A little story from each song was available, and these are the things fans love :-)
Of a lifetime was the tune that i found it shone above the rest. but the rest were not bad.
Talking about the second period (pre-cain). The band seemed to reach popularity, but not massive. There are interesting songs as patienly, little girl, wheel in the sky, too late and lights. Most of them are not great songs but good. The Captured record was a disappointment when i wanted to see how the band was live. I prefer the studio, but also the songs were not great great.
And then we come to the third period in which Jonathan Cain joins the band. A string of awesome songs made Journey shine as they never had to. Esc4p3, Frontiers and Raised on radio are the trilogy that made them unstoppable. Don't stop believin, who's cryin' now, open arms, still they ride, mother father, separate ways, send her my love, faithfully, after the fall, the eyes of a woman, why can't this night go on forever, happy to give, be good to yourself... These are not great, all are awesome!! :-)
Also added ask the lonely, only the young, only solutions, la raza del sol, a couple of instrumentals and a live rendition of i'll be alright without you.

Journey has been the combination of Perry, Cain & Schon songs. Quality trademark.

10/10 for journey fans. Awesome.

No comments: