Saturday, December 09, 2006

Unmasked

This record is interesting. Dynasty showed Kiss through not pop music but near to disco. A thing Kiss was never meant to be. Sacrilege! So what?
As always, heavy metal fans have always thought that 'their' bands never must be sold. They need to be loyal to their fans & style ever... well, a band has its right to evolve. Take it or leave it. Only they decide.
This record is not bad at all. It does not have much in common with Destroyer, but the hooks and melodies are there.
Is that you? funny lyrics, I think that was part of the live set when kiss did the 80s tour in Sydney?

Your reputation's in the bathroom,
it's on the wall and down the hall
I hear you're cheatin' with my teacher after school,
tell me what you do
When you know, you always get the boys you like
Play nice, then stick them with your knife,
take off your insecure disguise


Shandi, a classic love song. Even a video was shot.
Talk to me. Ace continues to sing and he can do it well. Love the video, a tv appaerance.
Naked city. Gene, a mellower song but with great melody.

Street vampires in the night,
young lovers and love at first sight

This is my flesh and my fantasy
Older women with younger men,
I've got a feelin' I'm in trouble again

But I've got to live my destiny


Classic Gene style ;-) great!
What makes the world go round, tomorrow , classic Paul's. You've got to love them.
Two sides of the coin, is ace again, and quite good.
She's so european and easy at it seems are great songs too. I can forget about the rest.

So, 9 songs out of 11 that are really good. Yes, no love gun, Detroit rock city or hard luck woman. True, but great ones. The worst Kiss record? No! Indispensable? No, but worth a listening, if you are not looking for aggresive style as unholy, deuce, god of thunder or psycho circus

8/10 nice to have

No comments: