Saturday, March 03, 2007

Heaven and Hell

I did never like Black Sabbath. Until i knew that Ronnie James Dio played too. Then I bought this record, because a friend of mine told me: "you're gonna like it". "Sure?" I answered, "Not a doubt" he replied.
It only has 8 songs and there was no f**ckin' booklet, just the words:

The world is full of kings and queens
Who blind your eyes and steal your dreams
It's heaven and hell


Which later I recognized in the title track. The album is a monstruous achievement. 4 awesome outstanding songs:
heaven and hell, neon knights, children of the sea and die young, maybe my favourite, but it is hard to tell.
The other ones are good ones, but these four are known to every metal head proud to be.

The riffs came from Tony Iommi, but they seem to be out from hell, Ronnie James Dio's voice was majestic and powerful, and composition and lyrics just fit in.

10/10 brilliant.Timeless.

No comments: