Saturday, January 10, 2009

These days


After buying Keep the faith I thought Bon Jovi was a safe value. Why was it going to change?
Well, certainly there is an before and after since Keep the faith. Slippery and New Jersey were high anthem rockers. Here we have a more mature Jovi version... And it will continue to all their discs (we like it or not..)
But this record is solid, and it is good enough, but it is nost Slippery II (as it was New Jersey): Hey god, something for the pain, lie to you, damned, this ain't a love song, bitter wine..

Two of my favourite all-time bon jovi songs are in this record: These days and the supperb My guitar lies bleeding in my arms. Man, this song has a strength i have seen in few songs, honestly...

I can't write a love song the way I feel today
And I can't sing no song of hope, I got nothing to say
I can't fight the feelings, that are burning in my veins
I send this song to wherever you are, As my guitar lies bleeding in my arms


Of course it may not please to all fans.

This was a gift from my future wife... thank you love :-)

9/10 great to have

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's a brilliant record though the last couple of songs were kinda weak. My Guitar Lies Bleeding is an AWESOME track, though I'm not really taken over by the title track. :-)