Thursday, March 01, 2007

The Tower


This is a great record. And the japanese version that I have, makes more even happier since it has the bootleg extra cd, Live at the Gods. This is a nice way to make a record not great, but outstanding.
The first time I heard Bob singing in Storyteller's I saw a great singer. When I saw Once and future king, I saw in Gary a great composer.
Then, 2+2 makes a great record. Gary composes and plays, Bob sings. Though the record seems a solo work 'a la Rod Stewart', the band is behind, giving quality to the record. so Vinny Burns, Gary Hughes and Bob Catley are the artists who make worth your money for this release.
Dreams and Scream are my instant favourites, but all the songs should have honourable mention, since it is a very complete record. The addition of the bonus record, makes added value to my collection :-)

10/10 brilliant

No comments: