Monday, March 05, 2007

No parole from RNR

I guess this is another very underrated record ... :-(
One of the best voices of the heavy metal scene in the 80s. Ccolorful & powerful. Did I say I have the japanese record? :-)
But not only the voice from Graham Bonnet shines, but all together: composition, guitars (Yngwie Malmsteen) & arrangements: all the band
too young to die, too drunk to live , island in the sun, general hospital, jet to jet, starcarr lane (which I never understood what was for ...) the ballad suffer me, and the superb Hiroshima, mon amour, a song which expreses the no-more-wars feeling. Truly impressive.
The voice is heavy and it has a wide range as Rob Halford's, but i would say even more acute. Not as majestic as Ronnie James Dio, but great and powerful. In my opinion Graham Bonnet deserves to be in this elite of the greatest singers.
The guitar sounds as thunder but with feeling and melody. I've heard that this was the best work from Mr. Bonnet, well it may be true, since it is a fantastic work... I can only recommend it :-)

10/10 indispensable

No comments: