Sunday, July 01, 2007

Middle Earth

Haunting record ... spectacular. Each song is tremendous ...
But truth has to be told, it is not as 'easy' as The Tower...
It was at 3rd listening that I was able to get all the power of the melodies, so I went from the nearly only song I liked The Wraith of the Rings, powerful, to understand each of them.
Marvellous choirs in The Fields That I Recall and City Walls, nice duet in Against the Wind.
I love also Stormcrow and Pilgrim and the nicest voice in Galadriel's theme ...
To finish with a rocker, this gallant band of manic strangers and the mellower fellowship.
So few records you are able to listen from the beginning until the end, but I was able to do it after a 3rd listening -as I did with Tchaikovsky 6th Symphony- and now I love it to death ;)
I have read too many bad reviews about this one ... ok, I can not help it, but forgetting this record in the shelf would be criminal ... after 3 listenings it seems i have know the songs for life
did I tell this record is based in LOTR?
Very honourable mention to Gary Hughes, great composer, and to Bob and the rest of the band for the great work.

10/10 spectacular

No comments: